Spout is a protocol which allows you to share a video texture on your GPU between two programs this means that it is zero-latency and zero-compression.
- Find the 'OWLSpoutSenderManager' Actor in the 'Place Actors' panel and drag it into your scene.
- In 'World Outliner' select 'OWLSpoutSenderManager' so it opens in your 'Details' panel and add a new 'Array element' using the '+' sign:
- Select/ create a Render Target by clicking the drop down next to the thumbnail:
- Name your Sender (this is how you will find your feed in your other Spout program), and click the Active box to begin sending to Spout!
- You will now see your Unreal Engine feed in your other Spout program (ie OBS Studio):
- To stream multiple cameras, just add additional 'Array elements'.
- You can control the Active tick-box via Blueprints to manage which outputs are streaming at any one time.
- You can also use blueprints to switch the Render Target selected by a single Spout Sender which can be useful for live-editing between different camera angles.