The Live-streaming Toolkit can be combined with our Spout plugin for OBS Studio to instantly live-stream video from Unreal to OBS.
- You need to ensure that you have installed the Toolkit in Unreal Engine and the Spout plugin in OBS Studio. Both of these can be done via our installers for maximum ease.
- You need to have a camera set-up in Unreal which is live-streaming to Spout. The easiest way to do this is with our Cinestream Wizard described here:
- Once you have created a new output with the wizard, you will automatically be streaming that output (with it's name) to Spout via our Spout Sender Manager:
- When you open OBS Studio, you will be able to add a new 'Spout2 Capture' Source in your Sources panel:
- Now, when you create the 'Spout 2 Capture' source, you will automatically see your named output from the wizard as an option in OBS Studio.
Select it and now you are live-streaming from Unreal Engine to OBS Studio!
N.B. you don't have to use the Cinestream Wizard.
You could create your own OWL Cinecam/ Capture Component or create a Render Target from Unreal features like Composure or Virtual Camera.
If you follow that route then just select the Render Target from that feature by adding a new Array in the Spout Sender Manager.
Any 'Active' Render Targets you have in the Spout Sender Manager will automatically appear as 'Spout 2 Capture' Sources in OBS Studio.